"When we look at some of the technology or capability that our aerospace and defense manufacturers are looking for, it really is centered around how can we let technology improve their operation and put a minimum impact on the resources or the people that they have inside their organization?" That's what Bob Aronson, Chief Revenue Officer at Cre8tive Technology and Design, does each day: help manufacturing customers understand how to leverage technology to either obtain or maintain compliance in a very rapidly growing industry.
Manufacturers in the aerospace and defense industry need a number of elements to be successful. Not only do they need methods in which to track their manufacturing and visibility into their operations in order to stay productive and efficient. Manufacturers with government contracts also need to stay compliant to certain regulations as well, like the Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC) that ensures contractors have safe cybersecurity practices. A failure to stay compliant can mean losing their contract.
How does an ERP system play into this? As Bob explains during the conversation, an ERP system and other technology can not only optimize production, but it can ensure you're staying compliant while taking out human error and lowering risk.
In This Episode
How can aerospace and defense manufacturers seek to improve their operations as well as ensure they're staying in compliance with often-changing government regulations? Listen to our conversation with Bob Aronson to find out how to leverage technology like an ERP system in order to thrive in the growing aerospace and defense industry.
- Bob's career trajectory, from serving in the Air Force, to being the launch director for the first military satellite inside the space shuttle, to creating ERP solutions, to becoming Chief Revenue Officer at Cre8tive Technology and Design, Epicor's aerospace and defense partner.
- The rise in cybercrime, and how an ERP system can help keep aerospace and defense manufacturers safe and compliant with government regulations like CMMC.
- How an ERP can support the many facets of an aerospace and defense manufacturer's supply chain, and give visibility into inventory, finance, engineering and part production, contracts, and more.
- How aerospace and defense manufacturers can optimize their operations and lower their risk by using an ERP system.
- Advice for aerospace and defense manufacturers on what to keep in mind when adopting a new technology, as well as why you shouldn't wait to upgrade.